A demanding boss, insensitive customers and the general pressures of juggling work and home can be stressful and many people actually experience burnout at some point in their careers. According to psychologists stress can lead to the onset of several physical disabilities and diseases even. So, if a company does not take care of its employees’ well-being both physical and mental it is looking at declining productivity and falling sales.
Drawbacks of burnouts
No business can afford employees who lack motivation and give in to negative thinking pattern. These habits will interfere with their problem-solving skills and decision-making abilities. This forebodes ill for the future of the company.
Causes of burnout
- Rigid schedules: The stress of keeping up with rigid schedules with practically no control over their time and their interactions with others leads to a feeling of being trapped. This lack of control is one of the major causes of
- Workplace politics: Workers who feel they are sidelined or are treated unfairly feel alienated and low in confidence. This will lead to physical manifestation like headaches, neck aches, and stomach burning.
What can you do about it?
As management, the onus is on you to keep your workforce happy and at their optimum best. You can do that in the following ways:
- Recognize the symptoms of the burnout and address them immediately. To begin with, give your employees more autonomy in certain aspects of their duties. This will boost their confidence and self-esteem and create a sense of loyalty towards the employer and also lead to more productivity.
- Be transparent in your communications and encourage your staff to voice out their concerns. By being sympathetic you can assure them that they are not alienated and their problems will be addressed.
- Organize team building activities for the employees where every member has to take part. This will build a good rapport with the workers and will also provide an opportunity for them to assess their own capabilities.
- Assist employees who need help by sending them for some courses or workshops and in severe cases even for counseling.
As an employee, you too have the responsibility of taking care of your mental and physical health. While it is fairly easy to address financial shortcomings by investing in automated trading systems like bitcoin code which give you an entry into the trading world, the same can’t be said about physical and mental health. Just like the bitcoin code software is designed to bring in profits for you, you must keep your stress levels in check to lead a profitable and productive life.